No excuse is a good excuse to skip oral hygiene! Yes, even when you are on the move. Read on to find few tricks and tips that help you take care of your oral health.
Dental Hygiene on the go!
Personal hygiene is an important part of maintaining good health. If you are a person who travels a lot because of work or otherwise, hygiene becomes a big concern. Because of germs, you see. You could protect yourself from the bacteria outside, but have you given a thought about the ones inside? We are talking about the bacteria in your mouth. When you are on the go, it can be tough to follow your regular oral hygiene routine and your oral health could be compromised. You try your best to keep up but not all situations would be favorable.
After you have finished reading this article, long flights, unclean water, busy schedules or whatever excuses you have, will no longer remain excuses, because, all problems have solutions!
Here are a few tips to help you maintain a good oral hygiene while you are on the move:
- Visit your dentist before your travel: Get a general dental checkup done if you are going to be away for more than a few days. It helps to know if you have any problem so you could be prepared. Do this without fail because you don’t want to be at a dentist’s clinic on a holiday!
- Pack your go-to kit: This kit has to have a travel sized toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, mouthwash. Keep this in your car/purse so you have them handy when in need. If you are using a manual toothbrush, make sure the bristles are dry before putting them in the case, as bacteria tends to accumulate on the wet brush.
- If Using an electric brush, make sure you charge it wherever possible and keep it ready for use.
- Rinse with a mouthwash if you have no access to a bathroom or just not enough time to brush.
- Carry a wisp toothbrush: This is a new age toothbrush that has built-in liquid-filled beads. You don’t need water or toothpaste, the beads burst and release freshness into your mouth as you brush. So convenient, right!
- Take care of what you eat: Avoid aerated drinks because along with sugar the acidic property in the soda will cause tooth decay. Switch to green tea instead. Stay away from onion and garlic to stay away from bad breath. Eat a lot of vegetables and fruits to keep your oral health great.
Drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated. Making healthy choices goes a long way!
- Say no tobacco: Smoking causes dry mouth which causes dental plaque and gum disease. Smoking is anyways no good for your well-being, so avoid it at all costs.
- Drink responsibly: Alcohol dries up your mouth and makes your breath stink.
- Sugar-free gum- your ally: Chewing sugarless gum is recommended as it not only cleans your teeth and improve your breath, but also increases the saliva in your mouth which keeps the bacteria from sticking to your teeth after a meal.
Maintaining a good oral hygiene while on the move now seems easy and doable, isn’t it? So just follow these tips. DentoXpert has lined up so much more for you. Just visit our website and check out the latest cache of articles and blogs- https://dentoxpert.com/