Pain from ulcers during orthodontic treatment
Ulcers during orthodontic treatment happen as the ortho wires, and brackets irritate the tissue around it. Following the below directions should help in reducing the pain caused by the ulcers.
- Apply oral, topical analgesic gels on the ulcerated areas daily 3-5 times.
- Use Orthodontic wax around the ortho wires where it's irritating the tissue.
- Take a multivitamin tablet once daily for two weeks.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking water.
- Avoid touching the bracket or wire with your tongue.
Orthodontic wax is a non-toxic wax made of natural substances like paraffin wax or beeswax. The wax for braces adheres around orthodontic wires and brackets to relieve irritated tissue and act as a barrier against rubbing.
1. Brush your teeth
2. Wash your hands
3. Take a pea-sized amount of wax
4. Soften the wax by squeezing.
5. Roll it into a ball and place it on the sharp poking surface of the bracket/wire
Last updated on 08 May, 2020.